Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I watched TV and ate cake!

Today is my Dad's 58th birthday. I haven't spent the last 2-3 years celebrating his b-day with him but today was different. This...is my dad.

When talking to my mom yesterday, I asked her "Do you have any plans for his birthday?" She commented that they were just going to be at home and she was going to make some fried chicken. This....is my mom (wearing her apron)


Now wait.....do you know how long it's been since I've had some of mom's fried chicken? We talked about it and she agreed to make enough for everyone. That included my brothers family.

So I spent most of my afternoon today cooking and my brother went and bought a cake and we just showed up for dinner. My mom's only job, was to cook that chicken! And there was a lot! This is my brother! Yes....S C A R Y!


We had a good time sitting down and having a meal together. Almost felt like Thanksgiving already. There were moments of laughter and then moments of silence. Either way, it was an okay evening.

Since we didn't want to inturrupt their shows they watch, we watched some of Dancing with the Stars with them. Seeing that I don't watch TV, I was a bit lost. But it didn't take long for them to catch us up on everyone, who danced well, and who didn't.

All the kids had a fun time getting together and playing on a school night. here are some random shots!







No comments: