Friday, November 21, 2008

Happiness is....day 2

This morning was a first in a long time. I got to sleep in until 10:00. Those that know me well know this was unusual. It's hard for me to sleep past 5:00am and let alone, hard for me to sleep all night. Usually on Friday's, I have to get up early and take the kids to school. But Chad got a text from his boss saying he didn't have to come in early today. So he allowed me to sleep in and it was so nice. What a gift!
When I got up, I checked my e-mails to find 2 of the niceset e-mails from some friends letting me know that I was missed worshipping last night. Man! That is such a great start to my day. I often wonder if I am the only one that aches if I miss a Thursday evening. Well, or a Wednesday or Sunday for that matter too. Sometimes we think that nobody will ever notice if we are gone. That is not the case. It's good to have people that know when you are not around. What a blessing!
I got so much done by 2:00 this afternoon. House clean, laundry, dishes, and just the daily chores that I don't always get to. I only wish I had gotten more studying in today.

This afternoon became pretty shakey for me as I had an appointment at 4:00. All the kids had to go with me and they were perfect angels. I think possibly because they saw fire coming out of my ears at one point. But I am very proud of me.
I was able to contain it and amazingly, the feeling went away rather quickly. The situation at hand didn't change,BUT MY REACTION DID.

Today was a great day. God gave me moments today to help me face some of my fears. It truly was a good day.

No comments: