Sunday, January 01, 2006

Thirsting for more....

Do you ever just thrist for more?

I can't explain it and it seems so hard. I want to sit and study, but don't know what. Each day there is something that takes me to the word. Ususally something that hits my emotions pretty hard. Like this morning at church.

Yes, I know...I told Carrie I wouldn't blog about it. But things like that send me straight to the word looking for answers. So today I found that in Hebrews 11 that for the French's, they are living by Faith and stepping out on what God's desire is for them to do and offering themselves as living sacrifices. After being in the word, I feel so much better. It's still hard to see them go, but it's easier to understand it from God's perspective and not try to understand it totally from my own point of view. I'm selfish! And that's where Phillippians 2 comes in for me:

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.


Hummmm....Guess I found what to study huh? I know God will send us someone else, but not another Allen, Anne, or Rachel. They will always be loved in my heart. I can say that my heart hurts today, but God will fill it with loving memories of great times on Praise Team, trips to Nashville, and that never dying song "Aint No Rock" I'll always love Allen for that! And even when he's gone....I won't sing it! But I will laugh! And think of him! And hopefully in Kansas...he can think of me and smile when he sings it too!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I just LOVE your heart.. your Spirit that pursues His, and your life that submits even as it fights at times with competing emotions... you eloquently put into words what goes on inside that I think so many of us identify with, or on a tougher day, want to identify with.

Funny how one's faith move affects so many... having been there a few years ago makes it fresh at least to remember how important it is to move by faith, and yet doesn't make the effects of the move any less... whether you are the one moving or being moved from.
Knowing all of that, and even having just made the same move didn't stop my gut from wrenching at the news this time. I think that's both the difficulty and the beauty of learning over and over to keep trusting Him... you tackle that well in this post - it blessed me. Thanks.

Carrie said...

Ok go back to my blog on God's Plan for us...that is amazing that those thought were in my head, an then to hear they are going.......oh how things will change...but you never know what God has in store for us!!!! i do love your heart too....and leave my shows alone!!!