Thursday, December 04, 2008

Kids, Christmas, Music....what else?

It's been a fun couple of weeks working with Linda on the Children's Christmas Program. She has found the cutest play! I was very excited when she asked me about helping with the music. I knew I wanted to, but didn't know how it would all work out. But God did it.

Kids are so willing to learn new things so when I threw a song at them they didn't even know (and I didn't know) they ran with it and did an amazing job. I can't say how many times tonight I had goose bumps just by listening to them sing.

Their hearts are just overjoyed with song.

Jason approached me about an idea for the Grandparents banquet. A teen talent show. I had asked him about it a few months ago and he said he would think about it. And boy did he. I love the idea he presented and I am looking forward to seeing it all pan out. I'm even more excited to work with the teens to see what they come up with.

We have so much talent at our church and everyone needs a place to let that shine. I'm excited that God has given me opportunities to work with people who hold the same passion. I can't wait to see how God works through it all.

No comments: