Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Day 14.....I am Beautiful

When I look in a mirror, I don't think I am ugly. I don't think I am fat. That is a common misconception of a person with an eating disorder. It's because of who I am that makes me the beautiful person that I am inside.

It's because of who I am that people like me.
The things that I am and the sins that I have, I admit. I don't place blame or fault on others.

I look deep down into my eyes and see more colors than one can even imagine.

One of my favorite qualites about me is my beauty. The beautiful side of me overshadows any failres of mine.

My beauty fades when I am not being my authentic self. My glow is gone. I hope over these past 14 days, someone has been able to see a glimpse of the beauty in me.
But most importantly, I am thankful that I was able to see it.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I've been waiting all week for you to get to this one, because you ARE beautiful! That's one of my favorite things about you: you are beautiful, inside and out!

"Your beauty...should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful." 1 Peter 3:4-5

Over these last 14 days (and before that, I might add), I have, indeed seen the beauty in you. I am glad that you have seen it in yourself, and I pray that God will continue to reveal to you just how beautiful you are to Him.

You are valuable and treasured, my friend!