Thursday, July 08, 2010

reflections of a new experience

I've never been on a mission trip before so I didn't really know what to expect.
In my mind, I pictured it like summer camp. You know, all the arts and crafts, and canteens, bible stories, etc......but its so different.
Mission trips are work! A LOT of hard work, and I love it.
we have done more in the past few days than I ever imagined we could do and the focus of everyone here is all directed right where it should be by keeping our eyes on the Lord.

I love the thought of getting out and meeting new people. Last night, we went through the drive-thru at McDonalds and met a young man named Troy. He was so neat and in our 2 1/2 minutes there, we found out he didn't go to church and we invited him to the cook out on Saturday night. I'm not sure if he will come, but I at least intend to visit McDonalds 1 more time to check on him and let him know someone cares for him.
Today the man in charge of the pool was just overwhelmed ny our hospitality and willingness to help him fix his doors....at no cost to him. Well...I think we would all LOVE to get in that pool at least once while we are here! ;o)

I have to admit, my nights are lonely. I'm used to always being surrounded by my friends and family but out here, getting in touch with anyone is sometimes difficult. Phone service hardly works, to get a text to go through is sometimes difficult so you just think the people back home are not hearing you, and you just don't have your family around. That can be difficult.

I love being able to serve people I have just met and I am excited to see who God introduces me to next. I'm not sure what His plan is for me, but I know He loves me and wants me to be here doing great work for Him.

No comments: