Saturday, July 10, 2010

Final Thoughts

I know these won't be all my final thoughts about this trip because there were just so many blessings to me.

I can't help but think how lucky these teens are for getting the opportunity to do things like this at their age. I never did and I can see that I missed out on so much! What an incredible difference they are making!

For me, the difference each of them has made in my life now has been one I won't forget. I've watched each of them grow so much! I've loved every moment I have spent with them.
I've also had a chance to spend time with the adults and its been one fun moment after the next. Jason continues to make me laugh and blesses me with uncontrollable laughter. I have grown to love him more everyday. Just really getting to know Nick this week has been a highlight. Its amazing how much we can just sit and talk about and find so much common ground on. I've grown to love him like I have known him forever. Getting to drive with Christi was a lovely highlight. And since her navagational skills are just about like mine, I am just sure we are in great company. :o)

Getting to work with Trent and Angela again has brought back so many fun memories! It's like we just picked up where we left off many years ago. Same fun! Same laughter! Only our kids are all older now!

Spending time with Bobby and Melissa was such a treat. Just seeing the work they are doing here in this community is such a blessing. I am so honored that they asked us to come and be a part of it. Departing tomorrow will bring sadness, but, there is joy in seeing what they have been called to do here.

I can't keep saying how loving this community is. I know the host I stayed with was very gracious and showered us with love and kindness. Even today they showed up with Taco Tierra cups as souvenirs for all the female counselors!

The cook out tonight was wonderful. We had such a fun time. I left early, along with Jason, to get some time to rest and relax before we have to start driving in the morning. (I've become that "responsible" adult) LOL!

My week has been full of so much love and greatness and I have loved every moment of this trip. I am excited to come back home tomorrow and be with my family and friends and share all the great things God did this week.

Tomorrow I pray for a safe and uneventful drive home. It will be long....but we'll make the most of it and have fun along the way.

No comments: