Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 2

Today I am reminded of the verse.....do everything without complaining. That's been my goal since Sunday...and I have had plenty to complain about, but I've prayed it away and been content with my circumstances.
I'm staying in the nurses cabin....which on a normal day is great. Comfy beads, no kids, and I'm all alone. :-) that's the good part.
However, the air conditioner has not worked well and has been getting hotter each day. I mentioned it to the camp directors, but they were not going to fix it. By today, it was obvious it was cooler outside in the 95 degree heat than it was in my cabin. Kids no longer want to retreat to my cabin for rest as its like a sauna!
I was encouraged to move, but its just easier to stay as this is where the kids know to find me. And if someone needs me in the middle of the night, they won't wake anyone else this way.
Tonight I decided to take matters into my own hands and take the air conditioner apart. And guess what I found? ICE! It was frozen solid! The front of it behind a nasty dirty filter looked like an ice rink. So I called Chad and asked for some suggestions. He came down and I started drying it with a hair dryer! (That just added MORE heat in the room) He checked out side and the lines and pipes were also frozen solid. So at 10:30 at night when everyone else is resting, he is out there trying to thaw that line with buckets of water.
Well, IT WORKED! My cabin is now SO COLD!!!! YAY!

I can finally sleep well tonight.

As for today at camp...we had a GREAT day. I sat in on Brads class where he did an excellent jon on teaching about Joseph. He talked about how Joseph landed in prison but was still promised a land of his own. Brad spoke about how we all of lands of our own....its just how what we do with our land that's important. So how can we work the land today to show our love for God? It was a really good class. And of course I loved it because he played a song with Donny Osmond singing!!!! :)

Tonight we had the Game Show Guy and I truly love him being here. He is really so much fun! I think the kids had a blast!

2 girls gave their life to Christ tonight and it was such an awesome experience to be there and witness the outpouring of love for them.

The moonlight praise and worship tonight was so amazing. These kids LOVE to sing!!!!! They are never at a loss for songs! Their hearts could sing all night! I love that!

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: