Saturday, August 09, 2008

A celebration worth sharing!!

Today I turned 35 years old. Yep years old. But I don't feel it. It was just another day to me. Sure, I was pampered part of the day and people treat you differently, but all in all....the day was just amazing!!!

We started today with a football scrimmage that began at 8:00 this morning in Coweta. However, we had to be there by 7:15 for the weigh in. Who ever knew we would be there for 4 hours! But it was EXTREMELY FUN!!! Lukus is just beginning football for the first time and I am so proud of him. He's not getting many opportunities to play yet, but it's because he is so new. The other boys have been playing for 3-4 years before him. I love it because he has such a great attitude about it. He's just enjoying being part of the team...and that makes me even more proud he is my son!

Soon after that, Emilie and I went to Jessica's salon where we got 14 inches of hair cut. Yep, I cut 7 and she cut 7! I will say that I was very nervous about this entire ordeal...but we both needed something different. Emilie looks absolutely adorable. My hair, well, you'll just have to see it! It's different...and short!

Tonight we spent our entire evening with our good friends Shane and Alice. I have to say that this is the best time I have had in a long time. Just enjoying the company of some great friends. Even though we talk all the time, it's different when we have a chance to just sit down and laugh and have fun together. We had some great bar-b-cue dinner and then played Pac-Man. I have to go on the record saying....I set the FIRST high score of the night. Although, I have to give props to Shane as he continues to hold the high score record. (I'm ready for a re-match)
I was introduced to Monty Python tonight. Let's just say...I left very well educated in my history....as well as my language skills! ;o) Now I want to see the entire series of these movies!

***And for the record....I PLAYED WITH ZORRO!!!! ;O)

Tonight was great! I wouldn't trade it for anything. Thanks to some great friends who really know how kick back and relax and have an awesome time

4 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

I think the fact that you played with Zorro qualifies you to be promoted to the next age in life.

And you were surprisingly good at Pac Man. I thought Chad would have us all whipped. Turns out he was just biding his time until Dig Dug.

It was a lot of fun. Now you can quote the movie with us!

Hannah said...

I've never seen Montie Python (sp.)I'm going to assume by the way that ya'll talk about it that it's good. I'll have to rent it.

Happy birthday Brenda! (yay! u played with Zorro.) Oh, and for the record, I LOVE your hair.

Brenda said...

Thanks Hannah! I was VERY nervous about my hair. But now that I did it...I really like it.

Chad said...

I was holding back on pacman....It is not polite to do that in a house that you are visiting.