Monday, August 18, 2008

Another Angel....

Have you ever cried so much that you can't breathe?
Have you ever cried so much that your eyes burn and you can't open them?
Have you ever cried so much that you didn't think you had tears left?

That was me today as I watched another angel go into the kingdom.

Conrad Heflin with to be with the Lord this afternoon at 3:50pm. "Bish" is we loved to call him.

I came to know Bish when I was at the young age of 5 when his son, Zane, and I started Kindergarten together over 30 years ago. Since then, Zane and I have spent a lifetime of building memories together. Growing up, graduating high school together, getting married, having babies, and that's just the short list. There is not a time I can ever remember in 30 years of having an argument, getting mad at each other, or not speaking to each other. We've always maintained a great friendship together and today is no exception. I'm not sure Bish always agreed with everything I said....or yet....what I did at a young age, but he was always supportive. He was one of those intimidating dad's that scared you away, but you grew to love him and he grew to love you just the same.
I remember last Monday night, Bish and I sat at Football practice. I watching Lukus, and he watching Dawson (Zane's son). Bish sure loved the game and it made him smile to not only see Zane go through life playing, but now watching his grandson do the same. We sat and chatted about anything and everything and to hear his laugh again right now......well....I would give anything.

But I know that he is with the Lord and they are laughing and smiling together. They are looking down and waiting for that next game to cheer on.

I will miss Bish...his laughs...his hugs....his love. He loved so many...and he was loved by all.

2 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

I am so sorry for your losses this week.

Hannah said...

I'm very sorry for your loss of Bish. I can't even imagine what ur going through emotionally right now. I don't know what to say to ease ur pain in any way, if i did i would. But you are in my prayers, and i hope u know that i love u very mutch.