Friday, August 03, 2007

So much to say and so little sleep!

We just returned this afternoon from a week of camp with the elementary kids. I would say that a majority of these 75 kiddos were the age of 8!!!! That is the youngest camp ever so far. But by far it was one of the funnest!!!!

The week started out with rain. For 2 days it rained. Not all the time, but enough for us to have to change our schedules. It was nice though because it wasn't so hot!!! Until Thursday and Friday. Whew! We were hot!

I'm not much of a kid "teacher" type of person but I sure love going to camp each year with the kids. They teach me so much about myself, about them, and about God. Kids...they get it. Sometimes more than we do.

The week of camp is one that is filled with so much excitement and energy. We get up at 6:30am and go to bed after midnight. I couldn't even begin to tell you what part is my favorite. I think getting to watch the kids from the different churches interact together and become friends.
Sometimes we are so limited as children on where we go to church that we don't get the opportunity to interact with other churches. It's so cool to combine the camp and see them make new friends and branch out. There is no talk of "I go here or there" they are all just happy to be together. It's sad to see them have to part ways at the end of the week.

I was so proud of Lukus this week. He has grown so much and come out of his shell. All the kids are awared with camp nicknames on Friday and Lukus got "Praying Mantus". He got this because anytime they asked for a volunteer to pray, Lukus would volunteer. He led several prayers which is really hard for some kids to do in front of their peers. I'm so proud of him and how much he has grown up.

I'm proud of all the kids. New ones and old ones. They did such a great job. I just can't say enough about it.

But I will say...I'm SOOOOO glad to be home. There's no place like home.

No comments: