Thursday, August 09, 2007

Inspiration

I read an article recently that named 100 most inspiring people that have changed the world. We're talking all the way back to George Washington. I guess it's all a matter of opinion. I didn't know all the people on the list but I know they did something to get on there. And all these people are dead. Do you have to be dead to make it on a list? I sure don't think so. I wondered if I was on any ones list...and of course I am. I know I could name 100 people, but you might not want to read all those....so here's my readers digest version of people who inspire me...in no particular order.

My patients who show me how they fight to live. They beat the odds. I am truly in awe each day.

The lady who I talked to on the corner. No food, no money, and she had lots of pride. But she swallowed it to hold a cardboard sign.

Chad Hughes: For your willingness to fight for your identity
Ian Hughes: For NOT CARING what others think about you.
Lukus Hughes: For CARING what others think about you.
Emilie Hughes: For showing me how to be fun.
Theresa Underwood: For standing up for what you believe in, even if others don't agree.
Carrie Strickland: For keeping it real and teaching me how to shop
Tisha Brown: For loving me regardless of anything over the past 17 years! For teaching me how a family should love each other and being a great example.
Kaye Rucker: For showing me how to be strong in my spirit and let the Lord guide me.
Terry Rush: For being an unbelievable man of God. For showing me how to branch out of my shell and be Jesus to all people.
Shane Coffman: For being a man of confidence. For teaching me how to step out of my comfort zone and stretching me even when I feel I'm not ready. That's what our Father does to us and you show His love by practicing what he teaches. And for trusting me!
My Professor's: There are a few who have inspired me beyond belief to keep going and succeed.

I have about a million more I could post, but then the blog would be way too long. When I am down...all I have to do is stop and think of the people in my life that inspire me daily. Normally, I will call them, e-mail, text, or go see them if I need a pick-me-up. Guess that's a little selfish...but I feel like I am the luckiest person on earth to have the friends I do. I may not be the best friend in the world, but you combine everyone that I have...and I have some great examples to live by.

I don't ever know how I came to be so blessed in my life....but I am. I guess I did something right.

1 comment:

Shane Coffman said...

How kind of you.

I didn't know I was inspiring. I thought I was just pushy. ;)