Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Encouragement

I want to be an encourager!!!

That is such a great, simple, yet complex statement. I'm not real good at it, and I want to be better. Encouraging others is so much fun. I love to see eyes light up when someone knows that someone else believes in them.

I have struggled with this all my life. I don't take compliments very well, I haven't always liked encouragement, and quite frankly, when I needed it the most, I really pushed it away.

Well...that is stopping today.

I think in order for me to be a great encourager, I have to be willing to accept ecouraging words about myself. This is just nonsense.
I lived an entire life rejecting what others had to say about me which was nice. I chose to believe the bad and not the good.

At what point in my life did God ever tell me I was bad at anything? Never!
At what point in my life did God ever tell me to give up? Never!
He has always believed in me and has never let me down but everytime I say a negative comment about myself, I feel I let Him down.

I want to encourage as many people as possible in my lifetime. I want people to believe in God and believe in themselves.

I pray that God will help me to be aware of my thoughts and aware of my tongue and to help me work on being the great encourager he wants me to be.

No comments: