Friday, August 17, 2007

New meaning to power surge!

So to get rid of the picture of Chucky (for Shane) I now have yet another story. This one is not quite so funny. My son is lucky to be alive today.


About 12:30 last night I woke up to a noise and 2 screaming boys running into our room. Lukus isn't saying anything but looks frightened and his heart is nearly beating out of his chest. I couldn't figure out what had happened.

Ian tells me that Lukus was laying on the floor and for some unknown reason, he was CHEWING...YES CHEWING...on the cord that is attached to the fan that is plugged into the wall and RUNNING!

Well, when his mouth hit the wire, he was electrocuted. Lukus describes it as seeing all blue bright lights in front of his face and that the feeling went all through his body.

When I checked him out, he appears fine. He has a black mark on the inside of his cheek from the burn but other than that, he's okay.

My kids don't go to bed hungry so I can't figure out for the life of me why he would do this but I can assure you he will never do it again.

As for the fan...it's now in the trash.

4 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

Perhaps he's trying to turn into Chucky?

OK, seriously, I'm sure you were scared out of your mind. Yikes!

Terry Rush said...

Maybe he had some leftovers in his mouth and he was simply warming them up!

Heather said...

I love the compassion that flows from our ministers.... don't you?

Maybe your "boys will be boys" title should have covered this post too!

So glad he's okay - how scary! Isn't amazing how our kids will do the last thing on earth that we think they would?
Once more.. glad you are a nurse...

PrincessofLife said...

Brenda!

I'm so glad to find you! I'm very glad to hear that your son wasn't hurt, how scary!

Wow! So much has changed in my life since we were in contact before. I just had a baby, she is 4 months old now.
I would love to catch up with you!
Hope you are well,
Susan