Thursday, October 25, 2007

WiFi, Restuarnts, and SHEER FRUSTRATION!

The favorite WiFi hotspot for me and Theresa has been IHOP!

2 nights ago, I suggested we go to Panara Bread to get a change of scenery. I had an excellent dinner but had very little success connecting to the internet. I tried my best not to get frustrated, but it did not work. I finally gave up and felt bad for leaving Theresa there to study by herself. But the frustration took over because my classes are online. I needed internet! I went home and all was fine. I was able to finish a project that night.

Last night, we decided to go to IHOP but instead of going to our usual place on 71st, I suggest 31st since it's closer to my house. Well, we get there and guess what....NO INTERNET! My thoughts were not even right at this moment. I was extreemly frustrated but felt I kept a pretty level head compared to the night before.
So we had only ordered drinks and decided to pack everything up and head to 71st where we belong.
But just to add one little note here, I was frustrated that we had to pay for a full cup of coffee that wasn't drank, and my pop was only 1/2 gone. You think they would have been sympathetic enough to not charge us. But no. We pay, and we're gone.

We get to 71st and it feels like home! Yes, IHOP feels like home now.
We have the best service, the internet works like a charm and all is well. I wanted to be home before 10:00 and we didn't leave until 11:00.

The frustrated me is the part of me I don't like. Anyone can tell by the look on my face when I am frustrated. My eyes can never tell a lie. People usually see right through me.

I wonder if Jesus EVER got frustrated. It's certainly a trait that I do not want to continue to carry. When there is an emotion such as anger, frustration, diappointment, etc. I try to think of something that I can usually put in it's place. For me, it's usually laughter and happiness. At this point in the semester it's really hard to find something to be happy about when I'm thinking of school work. But I have so much to be happy about, such a great family that I love, friends that I couldn't live without, and a God who loves me no matter what my attitude is.

What else do I need?

No comments: