Friday, October 12, 2007

Out of the habit!

I use to be really good at listening and making eye contact. It was something I practiced often.

Over the past year, with all the changes in my life, I have noticed that I'm not always that great of a listener and my eye contact....well...it has become uncomfortable once again.

Wednesday night at church, I was walking down the hall and spoke with one woman but totally disregarded another for a few moments. For one thing, I NEED to start wearing my glasses. From a distance, I didn't even recognize her. Then I totally engaged in another conversation with the other woman while the one I ignored just stood by helplessly. When I turned my head and made direct eye conctact with her, I was toatlly humiliated! I was on a mission to pick up the kids, but totally disregarded a friend and sister in Christ. She didn't act offended but we did have a good laugh about it.

Do you ever feel disregarded at church? I can't say that I do and I don't want to do that to others. Is it possible for a minister or elder to feel disregarded on any given Sunday? You think since they are in the spotlight, that everyone regards who they are.

I pray today that God opens my eyes to see past my moments of rushing around to pick up kids, to regard those that may need a hug today.

I will spend forever making sure this person is acknowledged everytime I see her again!

No comments: