Monday, October 22, 2007

Chaos, Neglect, and Risk!

How many risk do you take in your life everyday?

You take a risk with something nearly every moment in some way, you just don't realize it.

What do you think we risk by tackling the important things in life and letting the little things go? How do you know what is little and what is big?

Today...my house is a mess. No...it's a wreck. Now, there are 5 people in this house and I've been gone the past 48 hours so I know I didn't totally let this go all by myself. I truly had help in not doing anything! ;o)
But why do I care? Nobody comes over! Nobody but me will see it! It's just me living in a house of chaos! (note: it will be clean by 1:00 ha!)

What happens is I have negelected it. I've neglected to sort things, clean things, do laundry, and put things away. I negelected to prioritize my week last week so everything didn't get done.

what would happned if I did that with my spiritual walk? If I neglect my inner spirit, then what happens to my spiritual life? It too would be in chaos!

Constantly God tells us not to ignore the great salvation of God!
Hebrews 2:1-4 (The Message)
It's crucial that we keep a firm grip on what we've heard so that we don't drift off. If the old message delivered by the angels was valid and nobody got away with anything, do you think we can risk neglecting this latest message, this magnificent salvation? First of all, it was delivered in person by the Master, then accurately passed on to us by those who heard it from him. All the while God was validating it with gifts through the Holy Spirit, all sorts of signs and miracles, as he saw fit.


Long ago David gave us these words that we can always run back to:
Psalm 119:14-16.
"I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word."


When I choose to live in the worldly chaos, I do neglect His word and that is one thing I can not risk! Are you willing to risk living any other way?

No comments: