Sunday, January 21, 2007

A bit of motiviation

Update on the facial injury.....
I had x-rays taken at work today and the doctor said the following:

"Well...it doesn't look too bad...other than you jammed your jaw into your SKULL"

My reaction was of some shock and my question was that of a typical patient....

"Is that bad?"

We had a good laugh. Acutally, they think it is going to heal on its own but will take about 6-8 weeks. Yikes! At least I don't have to have my mouth wired shut.
************************************************************************************

In my bible study today...I was motivated. Not that I'm not usually motivated, but sometimes, things just hit me just where I need to be hit.

I want to strive to live a better life and example for others and I want to movtivate others to do the same. Sometimes, I just don't find that little something I need to get me going when I fall off track.

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like" (James 1: 22 - 24).

If the good book says be "doers" of the word then why can't I always do that? Well..cause I'm human! And a sinner!
But what if I picked one verse and tried to do that one thing for a day?
Such as: forgiving as we have been forgiven....then can I do that for one day? Can I decide that in no matter what situation that comes my way....I will forgive?
Even better...can I ask for forgivness in all the things that I see myself doing wrong each day?
Can I build on this each month, week, or day? We'll see.

What other examples can you think of that you could try for one day that the bible tells us to do.?

No comments: