Thursday, November 02, 2006

You knew I'd blog about it!!!!!

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield;my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.


Tonight I had the most awesome experience worshipping with our praise team. Shane began by telling us we were going to have a short practice this evening and we were going out to the prayer tower to do something special. I was excited as I LOVE to sing in the tower and I knew no matter what...we would end the night in the tower. It just sounds SOOOO beautiful out there. It's totally a different feeling.
So we end quite early...even after having a great rehearsal and walk to the tower. When we arrived...I couldn't believe my eyes. There was a table set up for communion.

Psalm 107:21-22
21 Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men. 22 Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy.


I can only tell you that my heart began to beat faster and my hands began to shake. I couldn't believe that finally I was going to be able to take communion with my church family once again. I've been working since July so I have been unable to make it to a Sunday service. But this was no ordinary communion service. It was precious as the thoughts that were shared by each person as God placed something on their heart.
Eagerly I couldn't wait to break the bread...as I walked to the table, my hands were shaking more and more. My heart was beating faster. Why? What was God placing on my heart. The tears were flowing from my eyes. I think Cheryl may have noticed me shaking and came to pour the blood of Jesus for me. I am glad she came to the table with me.
The night continued with heartfelt words and song and ending with of course "There's no God like Jehovah". Ha! That made me laugh but I was ready to dance along as well.

I am so excited tonight. It was more than communion for me. It was being with family. It was celebrating His love and His life for us together. I can't think of a better moment. I couldn't help but cry tonight as I felt God's love pouring through everyone in the tower. Again, I thank God for this moment. I thank God for every moment He allows me to celebrate with my church family. And to think...I almost DID NOT show up tonight because of a migrain. God works in great ways!!!

Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

This moment tonight is one that I will cherish forever. Knowing we came together as a group, as friends, as family and broke bread together was priceless. I love this group.