Monday, November 13, 2006

Testing day!

Tomorrow we take Ian in for his first set of neurological testing. My heart hurts about this.
Don't get me wrong, I really am ready for it....but it will be hard to hear the results.

After talking to a friend and co-worker, I took a different step in hopefully the right direction.
I called special Olympics to see about getting Ian into a sport. Now...as that doesn't sound very difficult, as a parent, it really is. I think we have been in denial for so long that it is time to step out of the box we have been living in...ore moreso....hiding in and find a place where Ian fits in.

After I hung up the phone, I called Chad to where I got very emotional about this. I think reality sometimes just hurts. I want to help him, but it comes back to my selfishness and being on my terms. I have to get over that.

I want to do anything I can to help him and children like him get what they need. A life well deserved. He has no friends and that is so hard for me to sit back and watch. I love him dearly and want him to have the best life possible. That means I have to swallow my pride and quit thinking about what I want, and do what ultimately is best for him.
I'm sure there's some biblical truth in that!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I'm praying for you and your family, hon. Love you dearly!!!!