Friday, May 29, 2009

Choosing

Today I'm choosing to make it a great day.

I am not immune to hardships! If you've ever spent just the littlest time with me, you know this already. I hope and pray that I handle things much differently now, then I did a year ago, or 5, or 10 and so on.

Philippians 4:4-7

Always be joyful because you belong to the Lord. I will say it again. Be joyful.Let everyone know how gentle you are. The Lord is coming soon.
Don't worry about anything. Instead, tell God about everything. Ask and pray. Give thanks to him. Then God's peace will watch over your hearts and your minds because you belong to Christ Jesus. God's peace can never be completely understood.

I don't know any other life outside of being a christian. I've always been one. I've always known God. So my feeling is.....that if I let the world weigh me down as a Christian, I am going to constantly crack under pressure. The only way to find strength is to rejoice in the good times....and the bad. Just as Paul did.

I think God calls us to rise above worry and anxiety. God tells us very clearly to pray in times of difficulty.

The pressures of this world should not make us buckle at the knees, but it should surely makes us fall to our knees in prayer.

Today, I make the choice, to rejoice with Him. Anything of this world, does not matter.

1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

Always a good choice!

I love you today!