Thursday, July 10, 2008

Patience

It's something I don't have a lot of. I guess I would have to say it depends on the situation.

I've been told I'm a very patient mother. I don't freak out of the littlest thing with my kids. I give probably far too many chances, but the fact is, I have good kids.

I've been told I'm a very patient wife. Sometimes I see this, then there are those other times! Probably when I've had a bad day or something.

I'm not a patient cook. Chad laughs at me as I don't set a timer. But yet, I keep getting up many times and trying to gauge is something is done. Then become frustrated when I can't figure out how long it has been in the oven. Guess it would be best to set the timer huh? I'm learning! ;o)

According to my PLACE assessment, I am a D personality. D's are not patient people. They like results...and they want them quick! Many times I catch myself growing inpatient and getting upset and it leads me nowhere! It's very frustrating. I think people who practice good patience are remarkable. These are the quiet ones that can wait on an answer forever without losing any peace, hope, or faith....or their patience! I would like to be one of those!

In Proverbs 19:11 it says: A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

Can I overlook an offense? Can I grow in my own wisdom and gain patience?

There is good news.....I think I can.

No comments: