Tuesday, February 06, 2007

One down....

One down and one more to go this week....TEST that is. Whew! At least tomorrow I get to use notes on the test.
You ever have those moments where you just don't think you can fit anymore information in your small little brain? ;o)

I was so excited this morning as I woke up early and watched the sunrise. That is something I love to do.

One of my best sunrise stories is this:
I took a group of about 60 laides to a lake for a weekend retreat. About 10:00 that night before we dismissed for the evening, I told them that they needed to be on the hill...lakeside...at 5:15am. I could tell I wasn't getting good reactions from them at this point...but I had a plan.
It was really cold outside so I told them to dress warm and bring blankets. I was the first one down and I just sat in the dark as the sky was just getting ready to turn pink. I had brought a CD player with some of my favorite worship music that just tugged on my heart. So I sat..and just started to sing with the music. After about the thrid song I could hear others singing behind me as the women gathered around. It was a great feeling to know I was surrounded by my sisters in Christ. Just as the sun peaked over the hillside and began to reflect off of the lake...I passed communion back behind me hoping the others would join in breaking the bread with me. By the time we were finished, the sun was fully up, we were standing on the hillside rejoicing in song together. It was such a memorable experience for me.

Everytime I see a sunrise I remember that moment like it was yesterday.

No comments: