Thursday, October 12, 2006

A bit of good news....

Humm....God works fast when you finally break down....


Tonight I got home and I had a message from Ian's Dr.

He said that he had a bit of good news about the testing Ian is about to undergo.

For one....They have a new Dr. in the office and she is willing to take on Ian's case. She is fairly new to the practice and up for the challange!
The Dr. explained that it is very difficult to get in for testing such as this. Normally you are looking anywhere for 3-6 months just for the first appointment.

Secondly, She is new and as I understood it...she's something like a resident with the practice. Since she is still new......she CANNOT bill me. Whoa! I think that was the best news I heard all day. He said basically that my insurance company would not pay for it, and the cost is normally around $150.00 per hour and we're talking about 6 hours worth of testing.

So I will say...there is a gleem of light here.

The Dr. is still hanging on even though I know eventually he will pass him along to another Dr. as we had discussed. It seems he is still hanging on with us and holding onto hope!

I wasn't much into praising tonight but on my way home...I had a P&W CD in my car and as I pulled in the driveway...the song "Break my heart" came on.....

It truly spoke to me and the barrier I am holding up right now to keep myself guarded.
Yes...my heart is hard...my soul is weak. And I truly need God to come in and not only break my heart...but mend it as well. I know his gentle touch is working on me.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Praise God for this new opportunity. I hope your heart softens. God knows mine need to.

Danna said...

Just wanted you to know we are praying for you guys! Hang in there! God REALLY DOES know what's best and ONLY has our best interests at heart. And He ALWAYS just happens to work things out, doesn't He? :o)

Love you...