Monday, July 20, 2009

Disappointment

I think when disappointment hits, it hits all at one time. Today was a day like that. And I will be the first to admit, I don't deal with disappointment well. Inside of me I go from questioning to anger to denial to sadness to giving up to giving in and then to getting over it. WHEW! That's exhausting.

I've done really well over the past year to fight those emotions off but today there was just too much.

I've often heard people say "They'll just have to get use to disappointment" and in fact, I think I have even said that to my kids at one point in time. But I for one still don't like it.

I finally calmed down enough today and wiped the tears away long enough to open my bible to just the right thing.
Phil 4:11-13 I'm not saying that because I need anything. I have learned to be content no matter what happens to me. I know what it's like not to have what I need. I also know what it's like to have more than I need. I have learned the secret of being content no matter what happens. I am content whether I am well fed or hungry. I am content whether I have more than enough or not enough.I can do everything by the power of Christ. He gives me strength.

What I know is that a happy ending is assured for Christians. It probably won't happen today, tomorrow, or here on this Earth, but I know that eternally I will find happiness. I want the tears I cry to be tears of joy and laughter when I enter the kingdom.

Don't get so disappointed in life that you don't know how to deal with life's disappointments.
Hope and faith are the antidote to disappointment. Anything else, doesn't really matter.

1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

Some times are discouraging. Some days tempt us to unravel. But we hold on to one another and find immediate reason to smile.

I hold on to you. This ache will pass. In the meantime we will not pretend its presence is unreal. It is here and it bugs us. But side by side with Him...we win!

Roman 8:32-39

I love you today!