Wednesday, June 11, 2008

screwed up!

One thing I find fascinating is that we are all messed up in some way or another.
We all have faults. We all hurt people. We are all sinners. I find this fascinating. Mostly because there are people in this world that would rather find fault within others, than look at themselves.
I have no place in my life to ever judge anyone for mistakes they have done in life. I make mistakes everyday.
Judgement is such a strange word. Judging goes so many different ways.

My biggest judgement against others is I judge what others may think of ME before giving them a chance to think of me. I don't expose my life for fear of judgement. So really I'm judging them and their reaction before they have a chance to form an opinion of me. That's only hurting me.

I believe I'm not the only one who does this. What about the person that judges the visitor who comes to church dressed in a provocative manner? What about the homeless man on the side of the road begging for money or food. What about the couple in church divorcing and everyone judging without knowing the whole story? What about a teen who comes to church pregnant? What about the member who got caught in a lie? What about the gay man or woman? What about....what about...what about. It could go on and on.

I can't judge these people because I did not die on a cross. But because of His death and resurrection He has empowered me to teach His word and to help those that are in need of help. It is not about creating division. It is not about choosing sides. It is not about denying anyone but it is about love. We are required by His law and his commandments to love one another.

We are accountable to God for our actions. I belive as fellow brothers and sisters that we too are to help each other with accountability for our actions. Reminders of how our actions are affecting others and how we as a family can help those that are truly in need.

We have such a hurting nation. Our loved ones and those we don't even know about are crying out and need a helping hand. How can we help today? Can we admit we are just as screwed up as the others? Is one sin far greater than another? Do we sin just by our omission to admit that we sin in the first place? It's one thing to say
"I'm a sinner" it'a another thing to be big enough to share it with the world.

I want to be that person!

No comments: