Monday, June 30, 2008

Compliments....

There is nothing that makes me feel better than a great compliment. Some people have trouble giving great compliments, and others, are getting better at it;o) But that's for another blog.

This one's about my kids!

Sunday's have always been difficult days. The kids don't want to go to church and complain about class, and church is boring, and yadda yadda yadda. We go to church...it's what we do. End of story!

Last Wednesday, L & E really didn't want to go to class at all. But after a few eye rolls and huffing and puffing, they trotted along. All was well when they got out.

Ian struggles on Sunday's and I haven't figured it out yet. Sometimes it takes a little more effort on my part of looking into why he's feeling out of place rather than just assuming what's going on.

So THIS Sunday....we're sitting in class and Linda comes up behind us and just wants us to know how great L & E were in class last Wednesday and explained to us why they would be helping her during service today. I know I had a look of shock on my face! But I was SOOOO delighted! I couldn't wait to give them praises!

Then...I'm talking to Bobby and he tells me how great Ian is doing in the youth group and how much growth he has seen in him over the past year. I think my head must have spun around 5 times at that moment. But again...I was delighted!

I have great kids!!!! They can frustrate me and delight me all in the same day and sometimes within the same 5 minutes. But there's nothing better to a parent than someone coming up when you're having a day that you struggle with parenting....and compliment your children. That....feels like happiness!!!!

No comments: