Tuesday, May 13, 2008

2 Weeks or 14 days!!!

It's all the same no matter how you look at it.

2 weeks from today I go back to the doctor and I CAN'T WAIT!

Holy cow...this has been the longest recovery in the world! Okay, not really, but it just seems that way.

Tonight I really get out of the house for the first time. I am going to attempt to go and sit through Ian's first band concert. I'm so excited to get out that I have already put on makeup and fixed my hair and it's not for another 6 hours. But it made me feel good to just get up and do that.

I made a commitment to get out and walk starting yesterday. Even if it were for a short distance. I did not make it out of the house but I will count this evening double. (I know...I wouldn't let that slide with one of my own patients!) :o)

I miss doing my everyday normal things. I miss going to church. I miss having the freedom of leaving the house. I miss playing with the kids. Although, they have been really good about not jumping on me lately. So many things I wish I could do but haven't been able to. Makes me very thankful that this setback is only tempoarary.

So here's my daily schedule right now:
7:30am wake up and walk downstairs
8:00 fall back asleep on couch
10:00 wake again, finally eat something
10:30 go back to sleep
12:30 wake up and take a shower
1:00 watch absolutely nothing good on TV
2:00 lay back down
3:30 2 kids get home
4:30 Ian gets home
Everyone makes their own dinner (yay)
From then on...more TV
after 7:00 I'm usually pretty tired now.
10 or 11 go to bed just so I can't fall asleep!
It's very frustrating!

2 comments:

Linda L said...

How was Ian's concert? Hope you were able to attend. I'm glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day!
Mine was good too, I had unexpected (and very much welcome) visitors! How much longer before you can come to church? I'm hoping to pay you a visit Thursday.
Take care ~Linda

Brenda said...

Thanks Linda. The concert was much better than I expected. We didn't stay the entire time. As soon as he was finished we left.
I'm glad you had a good mom's day too!!!
I am going to make every effort to be there this Sunday. Each day is getting a little better, but my energy level is not the same. Some of that physical, some of it's depression. But I'm working through it. Thanks for your prayers and concerns!