Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stay on Guard

Many times in life I find that I am a drifter. My mind, my thoughts, and my actions can drift away from God and put me right into Satan's hands. Whew...that's a scary thought. But I've come to find out I'm not alone in this.

There are many things we can do to keep our minds in check and guard our hearts. I have to be able to recognize the areas in my life where I let my guard down when really, my armor should be on at all times.

Getting into His word and just letting it work on my heart is such a good feeling. I'm not a "scripture quoter". I never have been. I know and remember stories, but most of the time, I have to look something up in order to see what the Father is trying to tell me.

The Holy Spirit is so powerful. If we take more time to pray and ask for that power to protect us, we can have that shield of armor we need. Prayer is such a powerful thing. I love to get together with other Christians and just pray. I'm not good at it, but I love to do it. But I learned that God is my friend and I can have a great conversation with Him without being intimidated. When talking to Him, I can just relax and be myself. But it's also cool to just have some quiet time with Him. I love our alone time.

Father,
I know there are times that I struggle and I drift away from you. Help me to be strong, to be a good example, and to show your face in all I do. I am a weak person without you! Your strength guides me. Don't let the weight of the world shake me. Life is good! Help me to always know what you are trying to tell me. And when my friends struggle, help me to be a light to them and show them the path back to you.
Help me to keep my guard up at all times so that my heart constantly stays strong for you.
Amen

No comments: