Thursday, March 08, 2007

The journey is just beginning....

Ian and I toured Town and Country School a couple of days ago.
When the head of the school called me back my response was:
"I almost wish now that we would not have come"

I liked it that much! Ian like it that much! It was a bit different. 120 kids in the entire school and a maximum of 12 in every class. I could go on and on as there were SO many things I loved about it. For a child with Autism, this is a dream come true.

The down side is now trying to figure out how to come up with the funds to send him there next year. This school runs a little over $8000.00 every 9 months. Yeah! It's steep!
We are really going to have to try and get creative in our financial planning if this is something we are going to do.

They offer partial grants. About 45 people usually apply and it is based on income and need.

The timeline is this:
#1 The first thing that we do is pray. Pray for God's guidance in this entire process and know that if it is the best place for Ian, He will provide when we step out on faith.

#2 We've decided this is where we want him to go and they are willing to accept and help Ian.

#3 May 1st we turn in our forms for the grant. We should hear something back by June.

#4 The school is pretty far away from us (101st & Yale) so we may think about selling our house and moving to something smaller to also bring in more income.

#5 Decided if I must take a break from school temporaily in order to devote more time to Ian as well as take on more hours at work for more income.

So, that's where we are in the process. I will not be discouraged, but encouraged. I will not let this get me down, but rather watch God's hand work in every step. I'm starting to see that more than anything, God designed me to take care of Ian in a way no other mother can. I will spend every breath I take making sure that he is cared for and properly educated. No matter what it takes.
Please take time to pray along side us through this journey.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I love you and I am so thrilled to hear you say that you are beginning to see that God chose you for the honor of being Ian's Mom! You have what it takes, I believe in you and more importantly HE believes in you and provides. I know the financial issue is scary, but how often has something been needed and there were no resources there when suddenly God makes a way?!? To quote a favorite preacher of ours, "God makes something out of nothing!" Give HIM your nothingness and just watch what HE can do with it!! I'll be praying all the way with you!