Tuesday, January 08, 2008

In the dark ages!!!

I am sure I am living now in the dark ages.

I write here today from school. It's a bit frustrating to me that I got a new laptop about 4 months ago and it is in the shop. Don't know how long it will take to fix, what's wrong with it, or what. It's been a bit inconvenient having to go to school everytime I want to do something.

Then last night, AT&T Wireless service was down from about 4:00 to somewhere around 9:00. Now...I had no computer, no phone, and no technology.

I was forced to do the only thing I should have been doing in the first place.
READING!!!

First two days of classes have gone very well. Monday was all Theory from 8:00am until 5:00. I think next Monday I will bring a pillow to sit on. Today was all lab and I'm already done. It was a little exciting and interesting...but not dull at all. Tomorrow is clinical day. That's always exciting to me. I like the hands on work.

I have more reading than I could ever imagine right now. The questions in Nursing School are unlike any other questions from anything I have ever done. You may know the knowledge, but you have to know how to apply it in any situation. All questions are multiple choice, but EVERY answer is correct. You have to pick the best one. It forces you to stay on your feet and think on your toes and think quick.
I did pretty well Monday in answering the questions so we'll see how the rest of the semester goes.

I have a suitcase for a backpack now (and yes, it's red) and even with that, I cannot fit all my books in it.

This is a different life for me now. This is where the rubber meets the road. And we started off running.

Wish me luck!! ;o)

No comments: