Thursday, January 17, 2008

2nd Week

The second week of Level One NS proved to be more challenging than I anticipated. All the stressors and worries of everything in life fell upon me this week. But I have survived.

Today when I went to the dentist, he accidentally hit a blood vessel in my face and made for an interesting afternoon for me. When looking in the mirror and trying to smile, I look more like Popeye that got in a bar fight.
(disclaimer: I've never been in a bar fight, BUT I'm sure this is how it feels)
I have discovered once again that Lortab is my friend!

We went shopping for wedding rings today. No...not getting married again, but since mine is falling apart after 13 years, I guess it's time to move on. I discovered that my taste has changed over the years. I have become more "simple" than I use to be. What Chad liked, I found very busy. I think he may have thought what I picked what boring. At least he doesn't think that about me!!!! ;o)

So I'm off to bed. Me and my drugs and my big face!!! Hopefully the swelling will be down by tomorrow.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

you were on lortab? No wonder you were slurring your words. And you blamed the numb face. ;)

Love you!!!

Tammy said...

We missed you last night! Sorry about your face...and the story. I have to go back to the dentist next week to get a filling re-filled. It took me 7 years to get the courage up to go....now I'm having second thoughts...hope you are better soon!