Monday, September 17, 2007

What did He see?

Do you ever wonder what it would be like if you couldn't see? How would that effect you? Whould it change your outlook on life? I wonder....
I have a friend and her husband became blind several years ago from a surgery he had. He has vision only out of one eye and his vision is like looking through a pinhole out into the world. To me, that is very frustrating.

I often wonder about my own eyesight. I have enough problems seeing correctly because I don't enjoy wearing my glasses. However, that's not the eyesight I'm referring to. It's my "I-sight" in my christian life. I try to be conscience of this but it gets away from me. The way I view myself is not the way that God intened in the beginning. My I-sight usually comes from what others have said, done, or things my ears have heard but not at all what God sees in me. Let's just say that my vision is somewhat blurred.

So who can correct my vision? Is it just me? Or do we need our optomitrist "Dr. G" (that would be God) to do a little laser eye correction on us?
There is a verse in a song we sing:
Open my eyes, to what you see
To understand what I should be
My feelings get, the best of me
Open my eyes, to what you see.


How can I focus on seeing what God sees in me and looking at others the way He looks at them. That's the Christian I want to be.
Matthew 9:35-40
35Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

No comments: