Thursday, September 13, 2007

God's pleading...me being real.

Do you ever think that God is pleading with you to make some type of change in your life? Could be spiritual...which would be the first thought. But also how about physical or emotional?

In the physical sense, maybe God is pleading with us to get in shape and be physically fit. "Dear brothers, I plead with you to give your bodies to God as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, this is your spiritual act of worship" (Romans 12:1).

How about emotional...maybe He is asking from something of us there. (Philippians 4:6)Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

For me right now it is controlling my tongue in so many ways. Whether it be with my family, my kids, my friends, or a stranger on the street. I want to reveal God's love with everyone I meet. When I get comfortable in a friendship, satan takes a hold of my tongue and gets me off course.

I think the fact that I can recognize it is the biggest start. I pray that God forgives me when I not only hurt others, but myself and most of all Him.

No comments: