Friday, September 08, 2006

Car Conversations

After picking up the kids from school today....here's how it went:

Ian: Mom....how does a girl get pregnant?

Me: Well...

Lukus: Oh gosh mom...do you want me to just tell him.

(Mom now freaking out!!!!)

Me: Um..no...Hey Ian....why do you want to know this?

Ian: Cause I think I already know....You see...when girls get married...they start to eat alot. Then they don't feel good for a while and when they go to the doctor...he tells them they are pregnant.

Lukus: No...that is NOT how it happens. It's when a guy and girl are married and they dance together in a hotel room on their wedding night.

Me: Yeah...you're both right. Anyone want to go to Braum's?

4 comments:

Theresa said...

LOL! That's hilarious!!!

Carrie said...

Ok I am dying right now....that is so funny! Good thing my kids just think they are made from love:)

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad those days are behind me now! I remember wanting to explain things just right and being terrified I would say something that would scar them for life! With two married now and the last one in a good realtionship, I guess I dodged that bullet! Anyway, good job, always distract them with food! By the way, I really miss seeing you! I hope you can make every Thursday night practice. We need our Brenda fix, after all you do the best job of giving Shane a hard time! Really, I miss you!

Shane Coffman said...

Amen to that (the part about giving me a hard time...)!

Love ya, sis!