Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The strangest things....

The strangest things show up in the strangest places sometimes. This morning the school calls and says they can see something lodged down in Lukus' ear. My reaction was "WHAT?" They've got to be kidding me. I mean...he shoved a lego bike up his nose when he was 4 years old but comeon, the kid is now 8. The school nurses reaction was one I remember...."Well, this is the week for kids to shoving things in their ears and noses." It's like they had an appointment for this specific week to be the one. Something sort of like a national holiday for sticking things where they don't belong week. Comeon...everyone in the nation is doing it. It's like a hallmark holiday.
Okay...so I go to school to see if I can use any part of my own education or even just my mother hood experience to get it out and low and behold...I can't even for the life of me figure out what it is. I can see it...but I can't tell if it is supposed to be there or not. But wait a second...there is nothing in the anatomy that is supposed to be blocking your ear canal. So I have to rush downtown to school so Chad takes off work to take this comical kid to the doctor.
With their instruments they could not get it out so they shoot air and water in to flush it out and when it comes to the top they grab it.
So what was it??? An eraser from the top of a pencil! Yes that's right! But Lukus says it's been up there for two years! TWO YEARS I ASKED????
And he says "Yeah...I even remember where I was when I put it in there"

I wonder if two years ago it was on National Shove it in Your Ear week too? ;o)

No comments: