Saturday, May 27, 2006

Wow...I'm exhausted!

Today was my first day of clinicals and boy...I never knew how exhausted I would be. I got up at 4:45am so I could be fully awake and fresh and at the hospital by 5:45am. I didn't realize how long it had been since I had worked an 8 hour shift. I went to pre-conference before going to the floor. I was excited and a bit nervous all at once. After arriving to the floor and meeting the staff of nurses and techs, I knew I was really where my heart wanted to be. I worked with 7 cardiac patients all day and kept very busy. It was such a rewarding experience. After my shift was over, I went to post-conference with my instructor and I can tell you, I was on that high! I even made the comment "I wish we could work 12 hours shifts." She just laughed!
By the time I got home, I started to wind down from all the hope of the day and wow...I was completely EXHAUSTED!!! I had no idea how tired I really was. Something so rewarding to me just drained me to the core. I came home and completely passed out!
So now the weekend is here and I will have to study hard all weekend for this upcoming test but I can't wait for next week clinicals. Yesterday made it all worth it to me. I know now, this is exactly what I want to do.

No comments: