Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Missing my blog time

It's been a while....

So my PCT class has entered its fifth week and going strong. My home hospital is St. Francis and I'm loving it. I am finding this is truly my passion. I love the patients that I see each week and provide care for. Every day is a new person and a new story. Some good news, some bad news. But all in all, it's all the news of life and the way things happen. They may not always be the way that we planned them, but this is all part if a devine intervention. Everyone has different beliefs, but one thing is for sure, everyone wants to be loved and cared for.

The class alone is going well for me. It's not easy by far, but again, I like a challange. I'm not the best test taker, but I have found this class has motivated me to challange my test taking skills and make them better. Analyze them, break them down, and see how I can make the most out of each question. If only every test in my life were an essay test, I would have it made!!!

I was excited to meet with the nursing advisors this week and found out that I have met the requirements to apply right now for the nursing program and begin in January. I can't believe I have made it this far. However, there would be two classes that I would have to take concurrent with the nursing classes and I just don't think I want to add that onto my plate. I decided I'm not in that big of a hurry to finish that quick.
I see all these young girls really pushing themselves to the max with their classes. They are not enjoying themselves. Some are young and single, but most are young and married. Even with little children. Then there are those like me who are in their 30's and kids in school. I want that liberty to still be with the kids as they are growing up and enjoying them. Even though I'm in school, doesn't mean I can't enjoy this time too. This time is precious. I won't quit. But I won't over extend myself at the expense of my family life. School will always be here for me. And so will my family. But they get older by the minute and I want to be part of each second. Cause every second counts.

No comments: