Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wrapped up and give it a big bow!

Today we wrapped up the workshop with an amazing gathering at Memorial. Shane and the team knocked themselves out with some amazing moments of worship! The voices lifted to God this morning were loud enough to wake up all the angels in Heaven and I'm sure that is just what they did.

I loved the workshop this year and think it was one of the best! I loved the changes. I loved the classes. I love the praise. I loved it all! Could have done without the snow.....but....it allowed some great God opportunities.

I always feel a bit odd going to a class by Terry Rush at the workshop. It's one of those things where I think "I can hear Terry anytime...so I should try someone else" but I couldn't bring myself to do that this year, and I'm so glad! I loved his Saturday class which left me "hungry" for more. I'm so fortunate that I get to hear and see him and hug his neck every week! His words and his love blesses me far beyond anything I can even imagine. I love that he loves me with all of my flaws.

Patrick Mead was amazing. I've heard him speak before, but God blessed him with an extra boost of something this year that was out of this world. I hope, pray, and look forward to seeing him next year at the workshop. He has an amazing gift.

I enjoyed Steve Jackson on Saturday night as the keynote and I'm so sad that many people had to leave town due to the snow. This man brought a testimony about coming out of his muslim faith that was out of this world. I loved one point he went over about how we as the church accept people as who they are, where they are. We allow people to continue to serve, even after they've made mistakes. We're all sinners, and we all screw up from time to time. I remember a couple of times that I felt unworthy of being in any ministry at church because of mistakes I had made. But because we are such a great body of believers and we serve such an awesome God, not ONCE was I ever asked to leave, or quit, or take a break, or anything for that matter. My church family loved me right through my pain, and I'm sure in life, I will have more of it and they will continue to do so. It's because of the God we serve and their desire to be so much like Him that they truly know how to help others start life over. I've felt accepted, even when I couldn't accept myself. That's not just our human nature....but it's God working in us and us allowing Him to be a part of our lives. It's our desire to be christ-like. I love how we have a church that knows how to do that. Even in their own weakness.

The worship classes were a new treat this year. I love to sing, but what I really love is to see how God works in the ways of worship. I love the different styles of worship, and love to see how that is incorporated into illistrations of worship that I had never even thought of. I use to think I gave it all. Little did I know, I hadn't even scratched the surface.

I bought a new book this year and it took me 3 days to figure out which one I wanted. I don't have a lot of time to read anything other than text book, but I found an amazing devotional book that I can't wait to dig into. I loved that it came with a music CD directed to every chapter with original songs written just for this book. I'm sure you'll be hearing more about it on here. It is called "The final demise to the Cinderalla Syndrome". Can't wait.

Workshop was overall just an amazing experience for me this year. Very different in that we didn't have a whole host of people in our house, all of our friends couldn't make it this year, and well, that part was a little sad. Tony & Tisha made a quick trip, but I hated to see them go so quickly. But I was very honored to make some new friends this year. Espeically on the Shuttle! You couldn't help but get to know people who shared in the travel to and from each building in the snow. My feet may have been wet and cold, but my heart was warmed everytime I climed aboard. I could have walked, but what a treat to catch a ride and meet some amazing people. Snow or no snow, I hope that is something that is back next year.

I liked all the changes. I liked the new building. I liked so much about this year. I like that every year I see more and more new people show up that have never even been. I liked the material changes and things you see on the surface. But most of all I LOVED how God showed up this week and gave us new thoughts, new perspectives, and a new outlook on so many things that we could never have planned with our own human talents. God is amazing when I walk around and see him in the eyes and hearts of every person there.

Let's just say, it was an amazing year.

2 comments:

Brian H. said...

You've inspired me to take a shuttle next year. I like to meet new people and didn't meet nearly enough.

TREY MORGAN said...

Brenda,

It was a great workshop ... and thanks for your kind words about my class :)

I appreciate all that Memorial does for us. Keep it up.