Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Preparing the way...

I tend to believe that things happen for a reason. Good....or bad. I think that everything that happens may not exactly "come from God" but the fact is, God knew it would happen before it did.

I think He prepares us for those moments that we thought we could not handle.
Many years ago, I would have thought that if a crisis came up in our house, that it could be the end of our marriage. But His work, is amazing.

This year, Chad and I will celebrate our 15th wedding annivesary. Right now, we are going through some very difficult times. But NOT with our marriage. It is stronger than ever! Here is what I find interesting.
Over the past 6 months, we have been dealing with so much. Individually, and together. I am more in love NOW with Chad than the day I married him. I have always loved him without a doubt. But I never thought I would reach the day that my heart would beat faster each time he walks in the room just as it did when we first met. We've been through ups and downs together, but we have stuck it out through thick and thin. Many times, either one of us could have given up, but we didn't. The longer we are together the more I fall in love with him again.

There hasn't been any signifigant factors, or any moment that has caused this to happen. One day, it just did. It think....it is God preparing us. I Chronicles 29:18 confirms that God is the One who prepares our hearts, if He is our true desire. I Samuel 7:3 tells us to prepare our hearts for the Lord and remove all strange gods from our midst. Now someone could interpret these in any way they want. I am choosing to look at this as God knows that He is my first love and I desire to be with Him in the kingdom someday....and...since I have removed other things that I have/had worshipped, it makes more time for the things that are really important to me. Like making everything right with him, so my family can be right with Him, so that in everything we do, our hearts are prepared!!!

Ephesians 6:10-20Finally, let the Lord make you strong. Depend on his mighty power. Put on all of God's armor. Then you can stand firm against the devil's evil plans. Our fight is not against human beings. It is against the rulers, the authorities and the powers of this dark world. It is against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly world. So put on all of God's armor. Evil days will come. But you will be able to stand up to anything. And after you have done everything you can, you will still be standing. So stand firm. Put the belt of truth around your waist. Put the armor of godliness on your chest. Wear on your feet what will prepare you to tell the good news of peace. Also, pick up the shield of faith. With it you can put out all of the flaming arrows of the evil one. Put on the helmet of salvation. And take the sword of the Holy Spirit. The sword is God's word. At all times, pray by the power of the Spirit. Pray all kinds of prayers. Be watchful, so that you can pray. Always keep on praying for all of God's people. Pray also for me. Pray that when I open my mouth, the right words will be given to me. Then I can be bold as I tell the mystery of the good news. Because of the good news, I am being held by chains as the Lord's messenger. So pray that I will be bold as I preach the good news. That's what I should do.

I realized today that I am not David. I may be a "D" personality, but I cannot take on Golith at this time in my life. Why? Because my battle is NOT against another human. It is against the attacks of satan and I refuse to give into him.

I can't go on looking at all this that happens to us in life as hardship and hearache. But what I can do is look at this like God is preparing the road for me to come fully and completely to Him with a few bumps on the way. Not as a test....but as a testement of His love for us.

I guess I can conclued that I must be a pretty amazing, special, beautiful child of God for Satan to want my heart that much. Too bad it's just one of life's disappointment's he's going to have to get use to.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Love you and what you said...I am trying to get back to that point (of fighting satan instead of people) but my battles seem to be aimed more at myself...me fighting me...if that makes sense. Thank you for reminding me of the hope that I can't seem to see right now. *Hugs*