Thursday, January 15, 2009

Do the opposite....

While earthly things tend to drag us down, we are often encouraged and sometimes even pushed to go a route that we would not choose. Sometimes that is okay. If you are following your heart. This week, I have been encourged to take a road I would rather not travel. One so far that has not been traveled by anyone else. Well, not in this specific instance.

My heart has not chosen to follow the path that others would like me to.
It is not in me, and it is not who I am.

Instead, I will pray for those that have hurt me. I will pray for those that have hurt my child's pride. I pray that God touch their hearts so that they can be loving to all who they come into contact with. I'm not sure why some adults in life feel the need to treat children so badly. But it's not my job to fight them. It is my job to love them regardless of their shortcomings.

It's not easy. Hate...would be easier. Holding a grudge would be easy. But it's not who I am and not who I want to become.

All I know is that when I move on in this life, I want my kids to be able to say....

"Mom fought for us every bit of the way....and when she didn't know what else to do, she stopped fighting, prayed, and left the rest up to God"

Love your enemies! Love them. Love them. Love them like God would! We may be the only Jesus they ever see.

No comments: