Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How do I fight this one?

As the week goes on into day three of this saga, the twist and turns of Satan have really got a hold of this.

I've said over and over, I can't fight this. I can't fight this battle. I am up against the impossible. I am in a no win situation. I know the way I can win is by simply turning and walking away from all of it.

These chains are heavy. They have been off and on for so long. But now...more than ever. And the fact that I have others that are wanting me to be "David" and fight "Goliath" just seems so unreal to me.

Today's twist of events is even stranger than Monday's or Tuesday's. But my prayer has not changed. I have sought wise counsel and made my decision. I think I am doing what's best. But they still want me to fight a giant. Fear holds me back.

II Chronicles 20:15 - 17
This what the Lord says: Do not be afraid! Don’t be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. Tomorrow, march out against them. You will find them coming up through the ascent of Ziz at the end of the valley that opens into the wilderness of Jeruel. But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the Lord’s victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out there tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!”

II Chronicles 20:20“Believe in the Lord your God and you will be able to stand firm.”

I think what Satan does is tries to distract us from the real problems by creating something else to make us think we are seeing clearly. Today he did that with me. He made me second guess myself. I have cried my heart out to God and I think He has given me an answer. And then yet, today was another day.

I have the power to deal with Satan. I have the power to deal with all situations that come my way. I have the power of God with me at all times.

God speaks to me and tells me no matter what....don't worry! He is taking care of it.
Psalm 91
The person who rests in the shadow of the Most High God will be kept safe by the Mighty One. I will say about the Lord, "He is my place of safety. He is like a fort to me. He is my God. I trust in him."

Isaiah 26:3-10
Lord, you will give perfect peace to anyone who commits himself to be faithful to you. That's because he trusts in you. "Trust in the Lord forever. The Lord is the Rock. The Lord will keep us safe forever. He brings down those who are proud. He pulls down cities that have high walls. They fall down flat on the ground. He throws them down to the dust. The feet of those who were crushed stomp on them.
Those who were helpless walk all over them."
Lord, you are honest and fair. You guide those who do what is right. You lead them on a straight path. You make their way smooth. Lord, we are living the way your laws command us to live. We are waiting for you to act. Our hearts long for you to be true to your name. That's what you are known for. My heart longs for you at night. My spirit longs for you in the morning. You will come and judge the earth. Then the people of the world will learn to do what is right. Grace is shown to sinful people. But they still don't learn to do what is right.

No comments: