Saturday, April 12, 2008

When a day....is a good day!

Yesterday was a great day for me. I'm going to venture on and say it was amazing as I felt really great most of the day. (yes T...I said MOST) The day started out slow for me as I s-l-o-w-e-l-y cleaned my house. Theresa came to watch! ;o) But as the day progressed, and meds kicked in, I was able to make it through a recital, and a l-o-n-g night at work!

I have 19 more days until my surgery and I have to admit, the last week has been unusually painful and really quite debilitating. It was no picnic. But I'm not willing to let that stop me. I have a feeling that after this next week is over, I may collapse! ;o)

I was really taken out of my comfort zone in many ways. I had to ask others for help on certain things, rely on pain meds most of the time, had to postpone things with the kids, and really just lay on the couch during that time. None of that is my cup of tea. But I learned some really great lessons in it. By asking others to help, I feel like not only are they blessing me by helping, but they are blessing the Father in their work and service. I'm not always the best at delegating task but I did it and was overwhelmed by the response. My plate was overflowing, but now my heart is and I have time to spare.

This kind of service just doesn't come from church, but I notice it all around me. My friends at work have become like family to me. They are so gracious in their continuing love and support in whatever I am going through and whatever my future brings. They are not all Christians but the one thing that I hope they see is that Christ lives in me and that my service to others is a service that is pleasing to Him. Not because it's something I have passion about, or get a paycheck for...but because in everythng I choose to do in my lifetime, I do it for the glory of God.

Today is a very busy and full day for me and will be a long night at work again as well. I need sleep, but that will have to wait until Monday. ;o)

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


God's not nearly done working on me yet!

3 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

I'm glad you had a good day!

Lindsay said...

I love your faith! Thank you for your positive outlook on life, even when it's rough. God is doing awesome things through you in your weakness right now! I pray that He will continue to give you all the strength you need to make it through this trial. Thanks for the way you strive to glorify Him with your life. I hope today is another good day!

Love you!

Hannah said...

Thanks for sharing. I love your faith in God. It seems to me that if I were in your position I wouldn't be so trusting and submissive to God as you are. As you have said yourself, God is using these things, all these weeknesses your experiencing, to continue to mold you into who he wants you to be. It takes a lot to recognize that when your actually going through the molding. yet, you have. Praise be to God! May he continue to use you. Thanks for being the example that you are. I pray that tomorrow will be another good day...your in my prayers. I love you.