Friday, March 14, 2008

Just Deal!!!


I love game shows! It's no secret in our house that one of our favorite shows to watch is Deal or No Deal.

I have to admit, I have a huge amount of anxiety when watching this show. You can catch me at many points telling them to just "Deal"! And again they push the limit until they go home with so much less than they could have had.

What if we gave this same amount of 'dealing' to our lives...our faith...our God?

Let's see, we are chosen to play a very intense game in life. We're given the best of times...and the worst of times. I have to start out by opening 5 areas that I may not be happy with. It's a gamble. But I go for it anyway. I could either be dealt something that is not so painful to deal with and the sting doesn't hurt to lose it, or I could be risky and end up opening the one thing that I dreaded all along. In the beginning, it's easy. The pain of losing something or getting hurt isn't so hard because why??? Well,I am relying on faith. Faith brought me to this point in life and now I have to deal with the consequences of my actions. Am I afraid of the consequences??? Not yet! Why??? Because I have faith in the banker...well...God! I nervously await that phone call...or answer to prayer...and must have patience while he makes His decision. Will my answer be rewarding, or will it be less than I expected Him to tell me?
But then wait! You have to make a decision. He's now answered your prayer. Do you say, Deal.....or no deal? It's HIS decision. You can choose to like it or leave it. How many times in our lives do we say "deal" and how many times do we ask Him for an answer and then walk away? It blows me away how many times that I have just chosen to make my own deal rather than wait for Him. In the end, you've either got a fortune in the bank, or you are going home settling for less.

But that's not our case with God. We already have a fortune. We are already millionaires. We don't have to make a DEAL because He paid the price for us. He is our banker. He is our friend. I think He wants to 'deal' every time and live life as He intends for it to be and not take it into our own hands.

Father thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to enter this game of life with you. I'm so sorry for all the times I made my own deals and didn't listen to what you were trying to tell me. Lately, the deals have not been so good and I have wanted to throw away what you gave me to take it into my own hands. Father please forgive me for not keeping my eye on you. Thank you for giving me faith and knowing I can believe in you that no matter what case I open, the answer always comes from you. Help me to trust you right now and forever.



1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

I love Deal or No Deal. Greed takes over too many. And then they all say the same thing every time...."That's all right".