Monday, April 09, 2007

Me...and self confidence

I decided today that my study needed to be over self-confidence. I did my typical scan through my study bible and this is the first thing that came up.

Job 4:5-7
5 But now trouble comes to you, and you are discouraged;
it strikes you, and you are dismayed.
6 Should not your piety be your confidence
and your blameless ways your hope?
7 "Consider now: Who, being innocent, has ever perished?
Where were the upright ever destroyed?


I'm not one that has a very high self confidence. I question a lot of what I do and when it is good, I'm not convinced it is good enough. Is that okay?? No.

I have lived a very long time judging my life based on the opinions of others. Believeing what others had to say about me. I became okay with it. Others became okay with it. That's what I grew to become.

I try very hard to not belittle myself to others. Lately, it's come out more than I would like it to. Guess you can say it's me just being me. But it's not really who I want to be.

When I do things, I need to be doing them for the Lord. Everything I eat, drink, the way I live, the way I raise our kids, the way I walk and the way I talk, needs to be for the Lord. If it is for anything else, then I have failed the one that believes in me the most.
Proverbs 3:25-27
25 Have no fear of sudden disaster
or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,
26 for the LORD will be your confidence
and will keep your foot from being snared.
27 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it,
when it is in your power to act.


If you have something good to share with others, why hold back? Why be timid? Why be shy? What do we have to lose? Not really anything. What do we have to gain by doing good for the Lord? EVERYTHING!

By doing what I've always done in the past, I'm able to convince people that I'm not good enough. Maybe I don't want to seem arrogant. But I'm going about it all wrong.

I want to praise in the good things of my life with others. I want to live in the moment and enjoy it with others. If I screw up...who cares!!! AS long as what I am doing is to glorify God....there is nobody else that matters.

No comments: