Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Clueless Wonder....really?????

Today I found out that a child that I work directly with, and could have a signifigant impact on, has AS.

Our sermon Sunday spoke about having these clueless wonder moments, and I sat there and wondered if I had ever had any....until today.

God puts people in your path that you would least expect. Not only did he put a child in my path, but he put one in my path that I actually know how to relate to.

What's even more exciting....I can't wait until Ian gets home to relate this information to him. If Ian loves anything more, it's kids who are are just like him. He knows what their mind is going through and wants to learn to help them. He's come so far and I think back to all those times that I just wanted it all to end because I didn't think I could handle it. Now...today...not only can I handle it, I have an opportunity to help others who may deal with the same thing.

I am so thankful right now that I have had to endure the hardship of having a child with AS for 16 years....and I'm thankful for those who stuck it out with me and loved him in spite of all his little quirks! What this looks like from this side of it is so heavenly, compared to where we have been.

Last week, I prayed for patience in a totally different situation. I think for 16 years, God has been grooming me to have the most incredible amount of patience. Just, who knew, it would be through one of my children.

No comments: