Friday, October 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday's

One of the neat things I loved about clinicals at OSU this semester was Thankful Thursday's.

Every Thursday, the bosses would come around and tell each person why they were thankful for them. Then the employees would do the same.

We are wrapping up National RT week so yesterday, they did this during a staff meeting as we watched. Each one of them publically told each other why they were thankful for someone and why the role they served was important.

They may not be the best of the best or the best at what they do, but, each person fills an important role and they all heard that yesterday.

I love postive reinforcement. Many times we grow weary in our jobs, our family life, or the places that we serve. Burnout can happen quick. So let's be thankful to those today that are important to us. What if you had a Thankful Thursday? Do you think it would make a difference in the lives of those that are around you to know how much you appreciate them? I bet it will. I know during this week at my job, I have felt very blessed, and very fortunate to know just how thankful my boss is of me.

1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

That's good leadership. We should catch our colleagues doing good things!