Monday, August 24, 2009

Linda Rondsadt sang these words long ago.....I've been cheated
Been mistreated, When will I be loved.....

I've been pushed down. I've been pushed 'round. When will I be loved.....

I've been made blue. I've been lied to. When will I be loved......


Well praise God that life just isn't fair!

Do you ever feel that someone else is getting the upper hand on you and it's not God? I felt so cheated today when I picked up my car from the repair shop. I felt they stole from me in so many ways. Was was ready to get revenge, and right away. I have been thinking for the past 4 hours on just how mad I am that I was taken advantage of. Why did I have to pay so much money for something and then to find out something else was done that was wrong? My heart aches. It hurts. It hurts to be lied to. Not something I'm really use to. I don't lie, and I put my trust in so many that when I they do lie to me, it is so hurtful.
Matthew 5:43-48 says "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor.—(Leviticus 19:18) Hate your enemy.'But here is what I tell you. Love your enemies. Pray for those who hurt you. Then you will be sons of your Father who is in heaven.
"He causes his sun to shine on evil people and good people. He sends rain on those who do right and those who don't.
"If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Even the tax collectors do that.If you greet only your own people, what more are you doing than others? Even people who are ungodly do that. So be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Oh Father help me to be perfect like you. Help me to be strong and to not be angry for the way I was treated today. Help me to love. Help me to not want revenge. Help me to show them grace and mercy as you would want me to. Father it's hard not to feel hurt. It's hard not to be angry but I ask that you open my eyes to something that I cannot see right now. Close my eyes to the amount of money this cost me. Close them to the lies that were told and help me find a way in my heart to minister to people like this so that they will live for you now....and forever. Help me to move past the hurt and move in a direction of love.

3 comments:

Terry Rush said...

Brenda,

I ache for you in this. Very rough stuff. Very much the terrain He walked ahead of us.

Enemy territory is not fun. I hold on to you with your other close-knit friends as God does that work in you like He does so often...and so well.

I love you today...twice!

Brenda said...

Thank you Terry. Turning to the word has been theright thing for me to do. Even when we feel so wronged in life, it is comforting to know that it's all happening for a reason. Ecclesiastes is such a great book in proving to me just how "fair" life really is, and how my attitude should be in situations such as this.
Some of the best times in life are when things are tough on us. It causes me to evaluate my priorities and give myself a good attitude check.
I want the spirit of God to live "in" me so that in whatever I do I can please Him and bless others.
I love how John 1:4-5 says "Life was in him, and that life was the light for all people. The light shines in the darkness. But the darkness has not understood it."

Acts 17:28 says 'In him we live and move and exist.' Therefore.....I will try to live in such a manner that pleases Him and learn to forgive those that have wronged me. For that is the right and only right thing that I can do in this situation.

Love you today Terry!

Linda L said...

Brenda, so sorry to hear about your troubles today. You encourage me with your attitude... I will be praying for you that God had good things in store for the rest of the week! Love you guys so much!

P.S.: I have a Ford mechanic who is an honorable Christian man if you ever need to have your vehicle worked on again.