Monday, February 18, 2008

Late nights, early mornings!

I have found myself working my fingers to the bone. Hitting deadlines, coming in just under the wire and staying up until all hours of the night. As I try to find time of peacful rest, I find myself waking up worried about what I did wrong, what I did right, did I leave anything out, and then I must get up. Average amount of sleep for me these days is 4 hours. I sit in a chair and rarely ever get up. Before I know it, today has turned into tomorrow. It's crazy I tell ya! ;o)

As I was rushing into school early this morning to hit the deadline, I thought to myself, what if we gave this kind of commitment to everything we did? Our family, our jobs, our friends, our lives, our God. Would we tire easily? Would we have enough of it to go around?

I find myself trying to prioritize my life and time and making room for the things that are important to me. Some things, I've had to give up. Some things, I've cut back on. Learning to say yes and learning to say no is something I have started doing well. And I don't feel bad either. It's starting to come naturally.

I think God has shown me just how much I can handle. Now it's up to me to decide what I will do with my time. Using it wisely and using it to His glory is all that matters.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Ahh...the season you are in is wonderful and terrible at the same time some days, eh? but you have the key...doing whatever you do to His glory...then the important gets done, the urgent is sifted and only the required is kept...but the focus through it all is God's glory and done in His strength. It will make looking back a joy and looking forward an anticipation. Live in the moment, though, for that is all He has promised us. I love you!