Friday, February 24, 2006

Siblings....

Every Friday night my kids go to my parents house for an overnight visit and to give Chad and I some much needed rest for the week.

Today, Lukus, being the boy that he is decided that he was not going if Emilie was going. He said he was going to do the exact opposite of her. "She's a girl and I don't want to be around her" were his words. Ahhh...such a boy thing.

So Emilie and I left and went to get our manicures and pedicures for the week and Chad ran Lukus to my moms since Emilie is staying at home. Remember...he doesn't want to be int he same place as her.

So he decides now he doesn't want to spend the night this week and wants to come home. When he gets home, he finds Emilie asleep on the couch. He doesn't say anything about her, look at her, nothing.

I'm sitting here studying and he walks in and says:
"Mom, Emilie looks like she's going to fall off the couch. Can I push her back on?" I say yes.
He comes back:
"Mom, now Emilie looks cold just sleeping there. Can I c0ver her up with a blanket?" I say yes.
Once more:
"Mom, is it okay if I get in the blanket with Emilie and lay next to her so she doesn't feel alone?" I just smile!

And say yes, of course!

Guess his feelings changed.

1 comment:

Heather said...

OH HOW SWEET! Don't you love those windows into their heart... when you don't have to worry about them as much as we sometimes think we do! Beautiful!
Had fun with you tonight!